Global Black Pride Founding & Organizing Members
Global Black Pride wants to acknowledge and celebrate the founding and organizing members of Global Black Pride (GBP). Since its inception in 2020, Global Black Pride has been made a global success largely in part of the dynamic partners and friends in this work of Black LGBTQI+ equity and celebration. Founding and organizing members of Global Black Pride include:
- Jide Macaulay, co-founder
- Marc Thompson, co-founder
- Wayne Black, organizing member
- Matthew Blaise, organizing member
- Jason Isak, organizing member
- Anthony Johns, organizing member
- Kimberley Knox, organizing member
- Dashawn Usher, organizing member
- Daniel Yomi, organizing member
As Global Black Pride continues to grow, we are committed to honouring those shoulders we stand on and want to ensure we have diversity, equity, and inclusion within the global Black LGBTQI+ experience.
Founded in 2020: Global Back Pride is the first ever and only activist-led global Pride event that brings together Black LGBTQI communities across all continents to celebrate their culture, diversity and provide a space for activists and community-based organizations across the globe to engage and reflect.
A global platform to celebrate all Black LGBTQI+ diversity and to build a global movement to fight for freedom, liberation and justice for all Black LGBTQI communities across the globe.
Acknowledged freedom of expression to celebrate in inclusive environments of our diversity along the spectrum of being LGBTQI, queerness and Blackness globally.
Independent Contractor – Reporting to Global Black Pride Leadership Compensation: $40,000(CDN)
About Global Black Pride
Founded in 2020, Global Back Pride (GBP) is the first ever and only activist-led global Pride event that brings together Black LGBTQI communities across all continents to celebrate their culture, diversity and provide a space for activists and community-based organizations across the globe to engage and reflect.
Reporting to the GBP President and Vice President , the Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the operational planning and execution of the Global Black Pride events to commence in August 2022. The Project Manager will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team of Global Plack Pride and Pride Toronto to ensure that all elements of the events are supported. The Project Manager will represent Global Black Pride throughout the year to ensure that all actionable items are being delivered.
– Support the planning and delivery of GBP’s Human Rights Conference
– Support and ensure all of the preliminary planning, execution and clean up are taken care of for the determined events.
– Lead the procurement and management of Suppliers needed for the determined events. Vendors are needed for, but not limited to, waste management, production, security, power, labour etc…
– Provide Pride Toronto with all event solicitation materials including a detailed sponsorship deck outlining event details, assets available, and price points for interested partners
– Ensure that all community engagement initiatives are established and maintained throughout the planning and execution.
– Will assist in sponsor solicitation and approval process determined by GBP Leadership
– Act as the point of contact for all sponsors where they will deliver on all solidified assets, manage sponsorship cashflow (in relation to AR),
– Communicate regularly with the GBP Leadership to manage any administrative needs and updates on planning process
– Design and suggest innovative and creative solutions as it pertains to event planning and execution
– Data entry/record keeping, responding to emails, and field phone calls.
– Assist in managing communications with vendors, event registrants and/or attendees, and other relevant parties as instructed by the Managers
– Manage travel and logistics for GBP Scholarship recipient
– Gather and compile notes and create a comprehensive post-event assessment.
– Assist with the development of event branding, promotion and general marketing, including but not limited to website, social media, and any promotional materials.
– Work with city official and Pride Toronto Operations team to apply for applicable permitting
– Oversee financial management for the determined events and follow all of Pride Toronto’s fiscal management policies
– Organize and lead a community debrief following the determined events.
– Liaison with Pride Toronto as required to assist in the planning of determined events
– Will abide by all municipal, provincial and federal regulations
– Responsible for leading a team of staff and volunteers as needed for the determined events
– Work within the approved budget
– Assist with grant development
– Minimum 2-4 (two to four) years of increased responsibility & experience in Program and Event Management
– Minimum two (2) years of experience in a Supervisory/Management role
– Experience of and working with Black and 2SLGBTQ+ communities
– Proficient in the use of Google Workspace features (Docs, Excel, Slides, Forms etc..)
– Considerable experience with managing large events
– Considerable experience motivating, leading and managing project staff and stakeholders in a fast paced environment
– Excellent writing skills including the ability to write reports, develop presentations, author guidelines, document processes and procedures
– Strong administrative and budgetary skills
– Excellent problem solving and program evaluation skills
– Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, conflict management and negotiation skills to deal effectively with staff at all levels of the organization, artist, collectives
– Experience planning an international event considered an asset
We are committed to the principles of employment equity. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome; in particular, applications are encouraged from racialized people, Indigenous people, disabled people, queer and trans people, and women. If you require any form of accessibility throughout this application, please let us know.
Applications must be received by 4:59 pm EST on Monday, November 22nd, 2021.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified.
Should you have any questions or require accessibility support in applying, please reach out to email@example.com and we will be happy to respond. We look forward to hearing from you! Stay Proud, Stay Safe.