Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, restrictions on travel to Canada are currently in place. As a first step, delegates need to find out if they are eligible to travel to Canada.
Foreign visitors are allowed to enter Canada if they:
- Have received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccines (full vaccination is also required for visitors who have recovered from COVID-19). Travelers arriving to Canada from any country, who qualify as fully vaccinated, may be randomly selected for arrival testing at their costs, but are not required to quarantine while awaiting their test results.
- As of 1 April 2022, fully vaccinated travellers will no longer need to provide a pre-entry COVID-19 test result.
- Have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19
Note: If your proof of vaccination is not in English or French, you need a certified translation in English or French. Your certified translation must include the stamp or membership number of a professional translation association.
Accepted vaccines are:
- AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
- Bharat Biotech (Covaxin, BBV152 A, B, C)
- Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S) – only one dose required
- Moderna (mRNA-1273)
- Novavax (NVX-COV2373, Nuvaxovid, Covovax)
- Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
- Sinopharam BIBP (BBIBP-CorV)
- Sinovac (CoronaVac, PiCoVacc)